Wednesday, March 24, 2010

No, I haven't given up (yet)

Sorry it's been so long since my last post. This whole job thing keeps interfering...


I have just finished some test shots with a pair of M42 tread mount lenses I have. I made an interesting discovery, my eyes SUCK!! All this time I have been getting what APPEARS to be good focus to my unassisted eye, and when I look at the result, BLEAH!


It seems the diopter adjustment on my camera is nowhere near strong enough to allow me to do naked focus. Fortunately, there is a remedy for this, I have ordered and await delivery of a pair of adapters that will activate the focus sensor in the Canon.


In the mean time, I am drafting up a post on the M42 lenses as far as basics...


The Vivitar
85-205mm two ring f/3.8 (constant)



From Old Glass



A (blurry) test shot with the big Vivitar



From Old Glass



The Yashica Yashinon-DS
50mm f/2



From Old Glass



A test shot with the Yashica 50mm f/2



From Old Glass

No comments:

Post a Comment